Fleck Water Softener Review – Should You Buy?
The Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 grain water softener digital SXT metered whole house system is a whole house water softener system that outperforms certain models running a couple of hundred dollars less. A salt-based softener that utilizes Ion Exchange. Fleck offers here an on-demand regeneration system for medium to medium plus size households. The 5600SXT is a 2-tank design. And big. Also, this one must be programmed so technology experience is good to have.
Features of the Fleck Water Softener
A 2 Tank System
With 2 tanks, a water tank and a brine tank, you can have softened water available 24/7. And this brine tank holds up to 250 lbs. of salt in pellet form. The only regular maintenance is pellet replacement. It’s able to soften water flowing at 12 gpm and supply soft water to 3 to 6 people in a household.
HUGE DISCOUNT at Amazon Prime Day Deals
A safety float keeps you from overfilling it. A backup drain protects against spills, too.
Has a digital head with an LCD display for programming. You can tell the system when to regenerate. But, like the Morton System Saver, it, too, “learns” your household water use and schedules regeneration according to demand based on your meter.
Utilizes the Fleck 5600SXT control valve that is so noted for the way it works. On-demand is by far the more efficient system of scheduling. And the 5600SXT is praised for its efficiency.
Also, the Fleck 5600SXT is equipped with a 48-hour power backup via internal power.
Large Size Softener
The Fleck 5600 removes 48,000 grains of hardness. It has big tanks: a 14 x 17 x 33-inch brine tank and a 10 x 54-inch water tank. And it’s heavy at around 150 lbs. The whole appliance requires a 3 ft. x 18-inch area.
Installation Takes Know-How
Though a detailed instruction book comes with the Fleck 5600SXT, you do need plumbing know-how. Thus, many purchasers must factor in the hourly rate of a pro plumber. Count on 1 to 2 hours of installation time.
Pentair Water Treatment Company Owns Fleck
Pentair’s brands employ state of the art parts plus they give expert customer service. Pentair is a multibillion-dollar company built on innovation in technology and strategic acquisition. Their warranties are very trustworthy. the 5600 valve for 5 years. They back the tank for 10 years. And the electronics are warranty protected too. Fleck has built water softeners for 50 years. You get full manufacturing experience.
- Value for the money is exceptional. Competing brands ask $1,000 for the same performance level
- Highest quality materials used: 100 percent poly glass
- Resin is high capacity, and lasts extra long
- Larger floor space required
- For the tech savvy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is there any way to use the Fleck 5600 in a more environmentally friendly manner?
- Yes, you can substitute potassium chloride pellets.
- How much will salt cost?
- $5 to $8 for a 40 lb. bag.
For the top of the line equipment and state of the art performance, the Fleck 5600SXT is a quality buy.
- Fleck 5600 64,000 Grains Water Softner for Well Water Review
- Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Grain Water System Review
- Best Water Softener System – Tested & Reviewed!
- Best Shower Head Water Softeners – Top Models Reviews
- Best Water Filter Pitchers – Our Top Picks
- Best Under Sink Water Filters – Our Top Picks
- Waterboss 900 Water Softener Review – Should You Go?