10 Best Shower Head for Low Water Pressure 2018
Nobody likes a shower with weak water pressure. It is a truly satisfying experience, and makes cleaning up before work or after a workout far less refreshing. Ready to supercharge your day with a hot shower in steaming jets of water? Check out these specially designed and purpose-built shower heads that will take your shower from a tepid spray to a piping hot torrent.
We’ve compiled a list of our top 10 best shower heads for low water pressure, and the reviews are in. Each and every one of the following low water pressure shower heads is also easy to install in any standard shower with a minimal number of tools and materials. Which one is right for you? Read these reviews and decide for yourself, or take our word for it by checking out our top pick. Take a look at what we’ve got for you:
- 10 Best Shower Head for Low Water Pressure - Comparisons
- 10 Best Shower Head for Low Water Pressure -Reviews
- 1. Delta 2-Spray Shower Head Water Amplifying
- 2. AquaDance 7" Premium High Pressure
- 3. YOO.MEE High Pressure Handheld Shower Head
- 4. Speakman S-2005-HB 2.5 GPM Adjustable Shower
- 5. Aqua Elegante 3 Inch High Pressure Shower Head
- 6. G-Promise High Pressure Shower Head Premium
- 7. SparkPod Shower Head - High Pressure Rain
- 8. Take A Shower LLC Best Shower Head
- 9. ShowerMaxx Luxury Spa Grade Rainfall Shower
- 10. KASUNY High Pressure Handheld Shower Set
- Final Verdict
10 Best Shower Head for Low Water Pressure - Comparisons
Chrome Plated Premium ABS, Stainless Steel 3328
10 Best Shower Head for Low Water Pressure -Reviews
1. Delta 2-Spray Shower Head Water Amplifying
I love a nice chrome finish on a shower head, and when it pushes water as well as the Delta 2-Spray with H20kinetic I like it even better. This shower head is guaranteed for life against manufacturer defects for the parts and finish, and offers users two spray modes to suit their showering preferences.
The first mode is your basic shower head water jets that produces a fairly powerful spray even under low water pressure conditions. Having dual modes makes the most sense from a practical standpoint, particularly if you share a living space or bathroom with someone else and they don’t like high pressure shower spray.
The second mode uses Delta’s H20kinetic technology to increase the output pressure by sculpting the shower flow into a wave pattern. Flip the shower head to this setting, and enjoy a significantly more powerful spray that essentially massages your scalp and skin and leaves you feeling renewed and refreshed.
The Delta 2-Spray with H20kinetic is a great solution for more powerful shower spray even with low water pressure, and it fits standard ½-inch thread shower arms. Everything you need is included in the box, and with just a few minutes work you can enjoy a hot shower with better pressure any time you want.
- Rust-resistant chrome finish
- Dual spray modes for low and high pressure
- Fits standard ½-inch thread shower arms for quick installation
- Only two shower spray modes is less than most other models
- High pressure wave pattern may not be preferable for every user
- No indicator mark on the shower head to show what mode it is in before you flip it on
2. AquaDance 7" Premium High Pressure
The only thing better than a high pressure shower spray is the ability to direct that pressure anywhere you want. With the AquaDance 7-inch 3-Way Rainfall Shower Combo, you get all that and so much more. With 6 different settings and many spray patterns and pressures, this shower head is designed to take your low water pressure problems and blast them away like a summer thunderstorm.
The Aquadance 7-inch is actually two separate shower heads in one: the main unit on the shower arm, and a removable hand held shower head that lets you direct high pressure water wherever you need it. Additionally, both shower heads have 6-different spray settings, from high pressure jets to a delightful high pressure misting spray. All you have to do to adjust the flow between shower heads is use the three way valve on the side of the shower arm, and the spray modes are adjustable via an easy to lever that rotates the head itself.
The AquaDance 7-inch Rainfall Shower Combo is a luxuriant shower head that boosts low water pressure and makes every shower feel like a personal renewal. Definitely check this out if your showers need a little more “oomph”.
- Dual shower heads for greater versatility
- 6 spray modes to suit any shower preference
- High-quality chrome finish is rust and stain resistant
- Shower pressure does drop when you switch on the handheld sprayer
- Handheld output is not as powerful as main shower head, even when you put it on the handheld only
- If someone else switches the shower head settings, there’s no way for you to know until the shower is on
3. YOO.MEE High Pressure Handheld Shower Head
Like the idea of a handheld shower head, but don’t want to deal with the drop in pressure of second handheld shower head? YOO.MEE has the ideal solution. This chrome plated shower head not only boosts your low water pressure thanks to a unique internal mechanism, but it also comes with a built in hose extension and bracket so you can remove the shower head and wash as needed.
This shower head offers multiple spray modes to suit any shower preference, and removing and setting it back on its bracket mount is easy to accomplish even with your eyes closed. Everything you need to install the shower head is in the box, from the standard ½-inch mounting kit to the Teflon tape you need to seal everything up against leaks. If you need an all purpose shower head that's easy to install and will help you get more out of your low water pressure, definitely check out the YOO. MEE High Pressure Handheld Shower Head.
- Shower head can be set in bracket or used as a handheld sprayer
- Multiple spray settings for every showering preference
- Includes all installation materials in the box
- Smaller shower head size is necessary to make this both handheld and wall mounted
- Dual sprayer combination kits have more spray modes
- This model can be prone to falling off the bracket if bumped while in the shower
Also Read: The 10 Best Shower Faucets – Updated Guide
4. Speakman S-2005-HB 2.5 GPM Adjustable Shower
So you’ve tried other low water pressure designed shower heads, but none of them seem to deliver on their promises. Nothing could be further from the truth when it comes to the Speakman S-2005-HB Adjustable Shower Head. With a flow rate of 2.5 gallons a minute, this chrome-plated marvel steps your shower spray pressure up to a level that meets even the most demanding expectations.
Despite its small size, this shower head offers a wide spray that puts out more flow than larger, more costly models. It is easy to mount on a standard ½-inch thread shower arm, and comes in several finishes to suit the aesthetic design of any bathroom. Thanks to its complete installation kit, anyone can set the Speakman S-2005-HB up in a matter of minutes, and enjoy high pressure hot showers as often as they like. Best of all, if the pressure is too much for you, the spray can be adjusted to better suit your liking. All in all, if you need a good low pressure shower head that delivers the type of pressure you need to energize and refresh yourself, the Speakman S-2005-HB 2.5 GPM Adjustable Shower Head is the one for you.
- Powerful 2.5 GPM spray capability
- Spray can be adjusted for pressure and pattern
- Available in several metallic finishes.
- May actually be a little too intense even for those who love a high pressure shower
Fewer adjustable spray and pressure settings than other models
- 2.5 GPM spray uses more water than other shower heads
5. Aqua Elegante 3 Inch High Pressure Shower Head
Simple is often best when it comes to fixtures in your bathroom, and Aqua’s Elegante definitely fits that description. Despite its simple appearance and design though, this is definitely one of the best shower heads to install if you have low water pressure and you are looking to give your showers some more powerful spray.
Mount this showerhead on any standard ½-inch thread shower arm, and you will immediately see what makes the Aqua Elegante 3-Inch High Pressure Shower Head so special. By using a series of internal flow restrictions, this shower head boosts your spray pressure by a significant amount without wasting excess water.
Best of all, the chrome finish and rubberized shower jets offer superior durability and resistance to staining and corrosion over time. For those who seek out the simpler things, consider the Aqua Elegante 3-Inch for your shower.
- Impressive flow rate for its size
- Simple installation with all included materials
- Finish is highly durable and stain resistant
- Pressure cannot be adjusted without removing the shower head and extracting the fixed flow restrictor
- No adjustable spray modes
- 3-inch shower head may not provide a spray area large enough for some users
6. G-Promise High Pressure Shower Head Premium
It’s always good to have options, and the G-Promise High Pressure Shower Head Premium delivers. From its attractive chrome finish (or brushed nickel if that’s your preference) to it's versatile bracket and hose configuration, this shower head boosts your water pressure while allowing you to tweak it to your personal preferences. In addition to the ability to switch to a handheld shower sprayer, this unit also features 6 different spray modes so you can get your shower just the way you like it with a quick slide of the ring lever.
Unlike combination shower head and sprayer models, the G-Promise doesn't sacrifice water pressure for a separate sprayer head, but serves both functions with one high power shower sprayer. Better still, it is both easy to install and includes everything you need to set this up in your shower in a matter of minutes. Tired of low pressure showers? Ready for a change? Want the most options for the best price? Definitely consider purchasing the G-Promise High Pressure Shower Head Premium for your bathroom today.
- 6 spray modes to suit any showering preference
- Gives your low pressure shower a major boost
- Easy to install with all materials included
- Shower head is smaller than most low to high pressure models to make it easier to use as a handheld
- Hard to determine the shower head setting without turning the water on
- Can knock the shower head off the bracket accidentally if the shower arm is set too low
7. SparkPod Shower Head - High Pressure Rain
Other large shower heads not putting out enough pressure? You may need to get a SparkPod Shower Head. Many people love to be completely enveloped in streams of hot water so that no part of their body is left exposed. The problem is most standard shower heads are not large enough to accommodate this preference, and even when they are they tend to drop water pressure rather than increase it.
Fortunately, the SparkPod High Pressure Rain can create that feeling of shower immersion without cutting down on your shower pressure or wasting water. Through use of exchangeable flow restrictions and filtration, the SparkPod delivers superior flow pressure output in a wide spray cone sure to satisfy even the most demanding user. If you want the wide luxury shower spray even on a low water pressure system, the SparkPod Shower Head is definitely the one for you.
- Extra large shower head for massive spray cone
- Boosts pressure and provides more shower area
- Tool free installation using included materials
- Flow rate can only be adjusted by removing the shower head and exchanging the flow restrictor valves
- There is only one spray setting
- May be too much shower head for small standing showers as opposed to a combination tub and shower.
8. Take A Shower LLC Best Shower Head
Plain and powerful are the watchwords of Take A Shower LLC’s Best Shower Head for Low Water Pressure. This is a no frills design that packs a significant punch even if you don’t have the best water pressure in your home or apartment. The company has nicknamed it “The Original Fire Hydrant” due to it's high pressure flow rate, and this pocket-sized dynamo certainly lives up to it's nickname.
Installation is tool-free for this shower head, and all materials you need like Teflon tape and similar supplies can be found right in the box. To adjust your shower pressure to your preferred strength, just twist the outside of the nozzle to increase or decrease the flow on the fly. In terms of design and function, it doesn’t get much better than this smaller shower head, and if the pressure is too much or not enough you can easily adjust it without needing to remove the shower head and install a different flow restrictor valve.
This shower head is perfect for anyone with a smaller shower space and low water pressure who is looking to get a high pressure shower without spending a fortune or spending significant time fiddling with the shower head to get their flow rate just the way they want it.
- Super high pressure flow rate
- Simple yet elegant design with an easily adjustable flow rate
- Tool free installation with all materials included in the box
- Small shower head size may not be a good fit for larger persons
- Definitely intended for users who like extra strong shower pressure
- Flow rate is adjustable, but spray pattern is not
9. ShowerMaxx Luxury Spa Grade Rainfall Shower
Want a spa grade shower in your bathroom at home? The ShowerMaxx Luxury Spa Grade Rainfall High Pressure 6-inch Shower Head definitely beings the spa to you with its massive head size and high flow rate even on low water pressure systems. The attractive brushed nickel finish is both corrosion and stain resistant, and the shower head can be installed in minutes without the need for tools or additional materials.
To achieve a higher flow rate despite low pressure, ShowerMaxx uses several flow restrictor valves that cause pressure to built within the shower head itself before reaching the shower head. This design not only provides superior shower pressure, but also prevents excess water from being wasted while you shower.
Furthermore, thanks to the large 6-inch shower head, the spray area is significantly wider than standard shower heads. If you are looking to be completely immersed in your shower spray without any part of you left out in the cold, the ShowerMaxx can make that happen for you. Best of all, it fits any ½-inch thread shower arm, so there’s no concern about compatibility with your existing hardware. For the experience of a spa in the comfort and privacy of your own bathroom, choose a ShowerMaxx Luxury Spa Grade High Pressure Rainfall 6-Inch Shower Head.
- High pressure spray over a larger area than other replacement shower heads
- Installs tool-free in minutes
- Completely envelops the user in high pressure hot water
- Spray pattern is non-adjustable
- Pressure can only be adjusted by removing the shower head and exchanging the restrictor valves
- Not a good fit for smaller shower spaces
10. KASUNY High Pressure Handheld Shower Set
With three adjustable settings and easy installation, the Kasuny High Pressure Handheld Shower Head Set offers both exceptional versatility and superior design. Leave this shower head on the included bracket for a traditional shower experience, or remove it to use as a handheld sprayer. Don’t like the spray pattern? Choose from any of the three to suit your taste and needs for any bathing occasion.
The six foot stainless steel hose allows you to use this sprayer easily whether you are in a standing shower or a bathtub and shower combination, and you can easily place the shower head back on the bracket even when you have to keep your eyes closed. All materials you need to install this versatile shower head are included in the box, and it can be installed without using hand tools at any step of the process. In just minutes, you can be enjoying a high pressure shower with the ability to use a handheld spray head whenever you want. For versatility and power, choose the KASUNY High Pressure Handheld Shower Head Set.
- Bracket mounted handheld shower head allows you to take traditional showers or clean up with a handheld sprayer
- Easy tool-free installation takes mere minutes, and all materials are included in the box
- Three spray modes: jet, wide, and combination make it easy to take your shower just the way you want it
- Pressure cannot be adjusted manually, the shower head must be taken off and the restrictor valve exchanged
- Most handheld units in the same price range feature at least 6 spray modes
- Accidentally knocking the shower head off the bracket is a little too easy for most users taste
Video Credit: Nuts and Bolts DIY
My pick for the best shower head for low water pressure is definitely the AquaDance 7" Premium High Pressure 3-way Rainfall Shower Combo. I love the chrome finish aesthetic of the design, and I have a great appreciation for versatility when it comes to the shower head in my bathroom. This unit offers more than enough additional pressure to suit my needs and preferences, and I love being able to switch to both shower heads while bathing or use just one exclusively.
Furthermore, the ability to adjust the spray pattern on both shower heads is a deal-breaker feature for me: without it, I wouldn’t even consider purchasing one. I would use the secondary spray head for washing pets and bathing small children, and if I can’t adjust the spray pattern it’s not going to be much good to me for either of those tasks.
Finally, altering the water pressure may require using additional restrictor valves, but since the restrictor that comes preinstalled does such a good job of providing superior water pressure I don’t see myself needing to exchange it. All in all, the best value for a low water pressure shower head is the AquaDance 7-inch Premium High Pressure 2-Way Rainfall Shower Combo, and I recommend it without reservation. Get one for yourself, and I guarantee you will get more out of every shower every time.