Best Refrigerator Water Filter 2018 – Complete Buyer’s Guide
If you have a refrigerator that operates using a water filter, it’s important that you know exactly what you need to do in order to replace the filter. The filter on average is only going to last about 6 months, so it’s important to stay on top of it and change the filter when appropriate.
It’s going to depend on what type of refrigerator you have when it comes to buying a filter because each refrigerator is different and some will fit while others will not.
The following are some of the top refrigerator filters that you can buy. Pay close attention to the size of the filter and what model it is going to fit to make sure it will fit your refrigerator at home.
- Best Refrigerator Water Filter - Comparisons
- 10 Best Refrigerator Water Filter Reviews
- Final verdict
Best Refrigerator Water Filter - Comparisons
10 Best Refrigerator Water Filter Reviews
1. General Electric MWF Refrigerator Water Filter
If you have a GE refrigerator and you’re looking to find an option for that fridge, then this is going to be the perfect choice for you. This particular filter uses premium filtration systems and is guaranteed to reduce lead, chlorine-resistant cysts, select pharmaceuticals and 15 other contaminants that you may typically find in your water.
Additionally, this filter is as easy as ever to replace as you simply need to twist the filter on to lock it into place. This helps to give you a no work, no mess installation process every single time. This is easily one of GE’s most advanced filtrations system and it has been tested and verified to filter out pharmaceuticals such as ibuprofen, progesterone, and others. It’s important to note that this filter is not going to fit all GE refrigerators and you should check the model number to makes sure that it is going to fit.
This filter helps replace models GWF, GWFA, GWF01, GWF06, and MWFA. Much like any filter you’re going to purchase, you should try and replace this filter every 6 months or 300 gallons. Since the water might be hard to measure, six months is a good rule of hand.
- Installation and replacement is a breeze
- Great tasting water by filtering out contaminants
- Only need to replace twice a year
- Only works if you have a GE refrigerator.
- Twist and lock design for easy installation
- Six-month filter life before it needs to be replaced
- Filters out up to 18 contaminants
- Compatible with some GE refrigerators
2. Samsung Da29-00020b Refrigerator Water Filter
If you have a Samsung refrigerator that needs a filter replaced, this might be the perfect choice for you as this filter is compatible with a wide variety of Samsung refrigerators. This filter works to deliver clean and clear water that tastes great and helps protect parts of the refrigerator from sediment build up.
This filter works to remove all of the different impurities that water might have thanks to its revolutionary technology. It is able to remove all of the bad stuff that is in the water but will leave in all of the minerals that will be beneficial to you such as fluoride.
This NSF certified water filter helps protect you and your family using a high-grade carbon block. This carbon block works to block out up to 99% of all harmful contaminants that you may find in the water. Additionally, this filter is incredibly easy to replace as you just need to open the filter compartment, remove the old one, and then twist in the new filter. After that, you’ll be ready to go with a brand new filter!
- Great tasting water with little to no work
- You still get benefits of minerals without other bad stuff
- Simple, easy design to replace the filter
- The new design of the filter sometimes leaks
- Delivers clean and clear water
- Removes impurities but leaves beneficial minerals
- High-grade carbon block
- Easy filter replacement
3. Frigidaire WF2CB Water Filtration
For those of you with a Frigidaire refrigerator, this is going to be the perfect choice for you. This is both a water and an ice filter so that the water is going to filter properly whether you are drinking it or it is being used for ice.
The statistics of this particular filter are quite impressive and do a great job of making sure that all of the bad contaminants are out of your water.
It removes 99.99% of cysts, 99.3% of lead, 91% of mercury, 98% of Alachlor and Atraxine and 92% of Pesticides Lindane.
In addition to reducing all of those contaminants in the water, this particular filter is NSF certified and also works to reduce the chlorine taste in water and also reduce the sediment.
This particular filter is not going to fit all of the refrigerators, so make sure this is the filter you need. This filter replaces FC-100, FC100, WF2CB, SWF2CB, NGFC 2000, NGFC2000 and NGFC-2000.
- Will work on most Frigidaire filters
- Certified for safe use at all times
- Blocks out most contaminants to leave you with great tasting water at all times
- New design of the filter is faulty and leaks quite a bit
- Has the ability to replace most, but not all, Frigidaire filters
- NSF certified
- Removes most contaminants in the water
- Works to reduce chlorine taste and odor.
Also Read: Best Inline Water Filter – Updated Guide
4. Premium Whirlpool 4396508, 4396510 Compatible
The last two filters that are going to be discussed in this review post are designed specifically for Whirlpool refrigerators. That will only fit in some of those particular refrigerators.
This particular filter is great because it is made with a high density activated carbon block inside and every single part of this filter has been tested against the NSF standards set forth.
It is certified in several different areas after testing was completed to certify it for chlorine reduction, lead-free compliance and material safety and structural integrity. So not only are you getting a filter that works well, but you’re getting a filter that is made from great materials as well.
The activated carbon block inside of the filter works to do all of the work as it helps to remove up to 99% of the chlorine to remove the odor and improve the taste.
It also works to stop cysts in the water too. Harmless additives are added to the carbon filter block so that is can remove heavy metals that pose a hazard such as lead, arsenic and other metals. These metals can be removed at a rate of up to 99.5%.
- Filter works to remove nearly all of the harmful contaminants in water
- NSF certification means it meets all necessary standards
- This filter tends to leak a lot causing major problems if it’s not stopped
- Activated Carbon block removes 99% of contaminants
- NSF certified in multiple different areas
- Reduces chlorine significantly
5. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter
When it comes to finding a great water filter for the refrigerator that you know is going to remove all of the necessary things in the water. You will be hard-pressed to find a better filter than this one.
This filter is one of the best filters we have reviewed and it isn’t hard to see why. This is NSF certified to reduce the most contaminants out of any other filter on the market.
It can work to reduce contaminants such as lead, mercury, waterborne parasites, pesticides and so much more. In total, 23 contaminants are reduced thanks to this filter. Additionally, this filter is certified to work in some of the leading brands for refrigerators such as the Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, and Amana.
This filter is also the only acceptable replacement for the discontinued UKF8001 filter. It can be used in bottom freezer and side-by-side refrigerators that accept filter 4 as a replacement.
This filter should be replaced every 6 months or 300 gallons to ensure that it can remove the most contaminants possible.
- Works to eliminate all of the contaminants in the water
- Works for up to 6 months before needing to be replaced
- NSF certifications means it meets all safety standards
- Great tasting water
- Very low, weak pressure
- Black charcoal remains inside the filter
- Works on most of the leading refrigerator brands
- NSF Certified
- Works with all filter 4 replacements
- Reduces up to 23 contaminants
As you have already noticed, there are a ton of great filter options for your refrigerator and which one will be best for you is mainly going to depend on what filter your fridge is going to be able to hold. While most of the top brands in refrigerators are covered above, you should pay close attention to make sure that your refrigerator is going to fit the filter you’re looking to buy.
Additionally, you should be sure to try and find a filter that is going to block out the majority of contaminants while also providing you with great tasting water for your whole family. As mentioned before, pay close attention to find the right size water filter for your refrigerator and you’ll be ready to buy in no time.
- Best Water Softeners – Tested, Compared & Reviewed
- Best Countertop Water Filter – Top Models Reviewed
- Best Reverse Osmosis System – Safe Water At Home
- Best Water Filter Pitchers – Our Top Picks
- Best Under Sink Water Filters – Our Top Picks
- New Wave Enviro 10 Stage Water Filter System Review
- Best Shower Head Water Softeners – Top Models Reviews